ILS Technologies, LLC Launch CommuteWX Application Compatible with Pioneer In-Dash Systems
- By : System Administrator
- In : Commercial
- Comments : Comments Off on ILS Technologies, LLC Launch CommuteWX Application Compatible with Pioneer In-Dash Systems
WASHINGTON, DC – September 4, 2012 – ILS Technologies LLC (ILS), a provider of full spectrum IT services, is pleased to announce the release of CommuteWX, a real-time GPS-based weather information mobile application and its compatibility with several of Pioneer Electronics’ aftermarket in-dash automotive products. The launch of the CommuteWX application is also the official entry of ILS into the developer realm of today’s smartphone tools.
Developed for the Apple iPhone® 4 and iPhone 4S and for use with a variety of Pioneer in-dash receivers with Advanced App Mode, including the AppRadio™ (SPH-DA02), AppRadio 2 (SPH-DA100), AVIC-Z140BH, AVIC-X940BT and AVH-P8400BH, CommuteWX provides current, forecast and en route weather information and conditions tailored for in-vehicle viewing and control. Utilizing the large touchscreens of Pioneer devices when connected to an iPhone 4/4S with an active CommuteWX, the application features easy to read graphics within a streamlined user interface, well-suited for safer in-vehicle use. Learn more at the CommuteWX website. The app will be available on the Pioneer Advanced App Mode devices on September 6, 2012.
• Real-time and forecasted weather data based on user’s location (via geo-location services).
• Current weather conditions include temperature, sky condition, wind direction, speed, and more.
• Forecast weather for the current location via text and graphical output. Text includes weather for the present day and the following day.
• Five day forecast displays weather with high/low temperatures of the current location.
• Real-time location-based weather radar loop based on GPS with outputs of cumulative radar data from reporting weather stations along the vehicle’s route.
• User options for selecting their preferred unit of measurement (U.S. Customary or Metric) and the rate of refresh intervals for updates.
The ILS CommuteWX application is available for purchase at a retail price of $2.99 USD through the Apple iTunes® Store and featured on the Pioneer Electronics website (www.pioneerelectronics.com/appradio).
“We are very excited to work with Pioneer and are grateful for the opportunity to make our application compatible with a number of their products,” said Brian G. Moss, Sr., lead application architect and president of ILS Technologies. “Pioneer is synonymous with excellence in car audio electronics and has been for decades; having ILS work alongside a company of their caliber is quite an honor. We have a host of other applications already in development for the sole purpose of operating on their Advanced App Mode platform – CommuteWX is just the beginning.”
Pioneer Electronics (USA) Inc. is headquartered in Long Beach, Calif., and its parent company, Pioneer Corporation, is a leader in optical disc technology and a preeminent manufacturer of high-performance audio, video and computer equipment for the home, car and business markets. The company focuses on three core business domains including home electronics, car electronics, and Digital Network Entertainment™.
About ILS: ILS Technologies LLC is a VA-certified, service-disable veteran-owned, full service information technology consulting firm, based in Maryland (with satellite offices in Washington, D.C., Virginia and Missouri). ILS offers ground breaking state-of-the-art and goal-oriented technology products and services to the federal government, as well as corporate sector businesses and organizations. For more information, visit www.ils-tech.com.
Contact: email@example.com, ILS Technologies, LLC1282 Smallwood Dr. West, Suite 508, Waldorf, MD 20603
Phone: +1(877) 483-4117, Direct: Michael D. Doles, Executive VP
PIONEER and APPRADIO are trademarks or registered trademarks of Pioneer Corporation.
APPLE is a trademark of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries.
iPod, iPod touch, iPhone and iTunes are registered trademarks of Apple Inc.
COMMUTEWX and the CommuteWX logo are trademarks or registered trademarks of ILS Technologies LLC.